2017 Honda Grom
Matte Gray Metallic
If you—and about three-quarters of the planet—thought the Honda Grom was cool before, check out the new 2017 version! The first thing you’ll notice is the new, aggressive bodywork and rad new colors. Then pay some attention to the new headlight—its LED design not only looks fresh, but it works great too. There’s a new two-tier seat, a more defined tail section, and a new low-mount muffler design.
Some things haven’t changed, though. The Grom still features a 125cc engine, and its fun factor is still off the charts. It really is a blast to ride—giving you all the excitement and freedom of a motorcycle, but because it’s so user friendly and approachable it basically eliminates any intimidation factor.
And the Grom makes a ton of sense when it comes to dollars and cents too: You can run it on pocket change, and you can park it just about anywhere too.
Everyone who sees a Grom can’t help falling in love with this awesome little fun machine. So why not get in on the fun yourself? Get a Grom, and let the Gromance begin!
- 125cc Fuel-Injected Engine: Nobody can match Honda’s reputation for engines, and even though the Grom may be compact, it’s a giant in terms of performance and reliability.
- Four-Speed Transmission: The Grom’s four-speed transmission gives you all the durability, control and efficiency of a conventional motorcycle.
- Fuel Capacity: Who says being on a budget can’t be fun? With its 1.45-gallon fuel tank you can venture far and economically too.
- Inverted Fork Suspension: Just like a top-of-the-line sportbike, the Grom features an inverted hydraulic fork front suspension for control and road feel.
- Single Rear Shock: Thanks to the Grom’s single hydraulic rear shock, you get a plush ride, even over choppy pavement.
- 12-inch 10-spoke Wheels: Tough and strong, these cast wheels and wide tires are just what the urban rider needs.
- Hydraulic Disc Brakes: The Grom features 220mm front and 190mm rear single disc brakes for excellent stopping power.
- New Bodywork: New aggressive bodywork, a new LED headlight and cowl, and a new low-mount muffler keep the 2017 Grom looking cooler than ever.
- Multi-Function Digital Instruments: Instrument display features speedometer, odometer, tachometer, A&B trip meters, fuel gauge, clock, and indicator for low/high beam.
- New LED Headlight: The Grom’s new, LED projector-style headlight not only looks great and is a major styling element, but it also provides superior illumination.
- LED Taillight: Forget about big, bulky taillights—the Grom’s LED lamp is bright and clear.
- Low Seat Height: At just 30 inches the Grom makes it easy to flat-foot it in parking lots or at stop lights.
- Two-Up Capability: Want to share the fun with a friend? No problem—the Grom makes it easy to bring a passenger along.
- Engine Type: 124.9cc air-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 52.4mm x 57.9mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Ignition: Electronic
- Valve Train: SOHC; two valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Four-speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Front Suspension: 31mm inverted fork; 3.9 inches travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock with steel box-section swingarm; 4.1 inches travel
- Front Brake: Single 220mm disc with hydraulic dual-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 190mm disc with hydraulic single piston caliper
- Front Tire: 120/70-12
- Rear Tire: 130/70-12
- Rake: 25°
- Trail: 81mm (3.2 inches)
- Wheelbase: 47.2 inches
- Seat Height: 30 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 1.45 gallons
- Curb Weight: 229 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Miles Per Gallon: 134 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Matte Gray Metallic, Pearl Red, Pearl White, Bright Yellow
- One Year: Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Single-Cylinder Four-Stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 52.4mm x 57.9mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Front Suspension
- 31mm inverted fork; 3.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock with steel box-section swingarm; 4.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 220mm disc with hydraulic dual-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single 190mm disc with hydraulic single piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 47.2 in.
- Seat Height
- 30 in.
- 25 deg.
- 81mm (3.2 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.45 gal.
- 134 MPG
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 229 lb.
- Final Drive
- Matte Gray Metallic, Pearl Red, Pearl White, Bright Yellow
- One Year Unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.