- Location: Ephrata Cycle & Sports
- Availability: In Stock
- Year: 2018
- Manufacturer: Honda
- Model: CMX500
- New/Used: New
- Primary Color: BLACK
- Condition: Excellent
- Title: Clean
|Engine Type||Parallel-twin four-stroke|
|Bore and Stroke||67 mm x 66.8 mm|
|Ignition||Full transistorized ignition|
|Final Drive||O-ring-sealed chain|
|Front Suspension||41 mm fork; 4.8 in. travel|
|Rear Suspension||Dual shocks with 3.8 in. travel|
|Front Brakes||Hydraulic disc|
|Rear Brakes||Hydraulic disc|
|Seat Height||27.2 in.|
|Rake||28 deg. 0 min. (Caster Angle)|
|Trail||110 mm (4.3 in.)|
|Fuel Capacity||2.96 gal.|
|Dry Weight||Curb Weight: 408 lb.|
|Colors||Candy Lightning Blue, Matte Metallic Silver, Black, Red|
TAX, TAGS, TITLE, FREIGHT NOT INCLUDED
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
The Rebel 500 is a stripped-down performer that’s up for anything. From its subtle, blacked-out looks and compact frame to its low-slung seat, the Rebel just looks right. Especially in the new Candy Lightning Blue. Once you swing a leg over it, you’ll know why people are so excited. This bike is a fun ride with an impressive lean angle and a 471cc parallel-twin engine tuned for middle and upper-rpms. We think it’s the perfect canvas to customize – and of course, it also rocks stock.
- Sporty Engine: Twin-cylinder engines are a great choice for a machine like the Rebel 500. Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the 471cc Rebel 500’s engine is one of our best ever. The parallel-twin engine is narrow, which helps reduce overall bike size. Plus it offers lots of low-rpm torque, but plenty of higher-rpm performance.
- Low price point: Sure, the Rebel is a knockout in terms of style, but it makes an even bigger impact in terms of value. Wait until you see how much machine you get for so little green!
- Cast wheels: Cast wheels front and rear are light, practical, easy to keep clean, and give the Rebel a look that tells you this is not built like a retro machine.
- Optional Accessories: Want to personalize your Rebel a bit? No worries—we have you covered. Some of the most popular accessories include a rear carrier, saddlebags, windscreen, a 12-volt electrical accessory socket, and a passenger seat and footpegs.
- Blacked-out style: The Rebel is a blank canvas for your self expression. But unlike the canvas you buy at the art store, this one’s not boring white. As is, its black-out engine pieces, frame, and bodywork elements look great during the day and even better at night.
- Steel rear fender: Real steel never goes out of style. The Rebel has a steel rear fender that's either color-matched to the tank or matte black. The paint looks great, and the steel fender helps provide a solid support for the optional/removable passenger seat.
- Wide front wheel: The Rebel’s wide 130/90-16 front tire not only looks great, but it helps provide superior handling and stopping power.
- Glass-lens headlight: Another critical item in motorcycle design is the headlight. With the Rebel you get the best of both worlds. The lamp is bright and precise, while the round nacelle shape, aluminum cast headlight mount and glass lens give the Rebel a character that exudes class.
- Classic instrument shape: Another iconic element combining traditional and new, the Rebel’s instruments take a classic shape and fill it with totally up-to-date digital LCD information.
- Black-out muffler: Forget about having to polish chrome—the Rebel’s black-on-black exhaust system blend perfectly with the bike’s overall look. And maybe the biggest plus? The awesome sound.
- Wide fork 41mm: It’s what’s up front that counts most in style, and the Rebel knocks it out of the park. Of course the front suspension offers precise steering and a plush ride, but the fat 41mm fork tubes give the bike a substantial presence too.
- Low seat height: When it comes to seat heights, almost everyone likes them lower. At just 27.2 inches, the Rebel has one of the lowest seats in anyone’s lineup. It’s comfortable when you ride, and it makes it easier to flat-foot it at stoplights or in parking lots.
- Single seat with optional passenger seat: Travelling light and on your own? Want to take a friend along? Like the clean look of a solo seat? Like the versatility of a passenger seat? With the Rebel you can easily have it both ways, since the optional passenger seat, passenger footpegs and footpeg hangers all bolt up or remove in minutes.
- Light weight: Weighing just 408 pounds with a full tank of fuel, the Rebel 500 is a lot more fun and friendly to ride than some bigger machines—perfect if you’re just getting started, or if you’re looking for a nimble bike. The light overall weight helps performance, too.
- Narrow: Super-narrow, especially at the critical tank/seat junction, the Rebel makes it easier to get on and off the bike, and to put your feet down at stops. Plus, the Rebel fits a wide variety of riders.
- Rider Triangle: A rider makes contact with the bike at three points: the seat, the handlebar, and the footpegs. The Rebel’s rider triangle strikes the perfect balance between laid-back cruiser and more active sport riding. You ride with a commanding presence, and the minute you sit on a Rebel in your dealership, you’ll know it.
- Superior Handling: A lot of today’s motorcycles look great standing still, but disappoint once the road gets twisty. At Honda, we set high standards for the way all our bikes handle and feel, and the Rebel is a perfect example—we’ve paid just as much attention to the way this bike corners and handles as we have its knockout styling.
- 2.9-Gallon Fuel tank: One of the key items in motorcycle design is the fuel tank. Holding 2.9 gallons, the Rebel’s iconic fuel-tank shape is timeless, but functionally it also teams up with the bike’s great fuel efficiency to give you plenty of range.
- Die-cast Aluminum rear subframe: Here’s a chance for Honda’s designers to take a functional part of the motorcycle and make it look extra cool. The aluminum subframe/fender mounts are strong, subtle, light, and provide a solid foundation for the optional/removable passenger seat.
- Wide rear tire: The Rebel’s low, fat 16-inch rear tire gives you plenty of grip, and helps lower the bike’s overall seat height and stance. And it looks tough, too.
- Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI
- Ignition: Full transistorized ignition
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; 4 valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-Speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.8 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Dual shocks with 3.8 in. travel
- Front Brake: Hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: Hydraulic disc
- Front Tire: 130/90-16
- Rear Tire: 150/80-16
- Rake: 28 deg. 0 min. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 110 mm (4.3 in.)
- Wheelbase: 58.7 in.
- Seat Height: 27.2 in.
- Curb Weight: 408 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.96 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 67 MPG - Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Model ID: CMX500
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Candy Lightning Blue, Matte Metallic Silver, Black, Red
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.